
So today was a bitter sweet day for me...
First the good news...
April went to the doctor today for the ultrasound screening. I was not able to go due to work conflicts but her sister, Ashley, who was on Spring break this week, was able to go with her. The results of the test were all good so far. There was some blood work that had to be sent off to the lab for analysis and we should hear the final results next week. But everything on the ultrasound looked good. So that is good news!
Man has the baby grown!!! In our first ultrasound, the baby was tiny. It looked like a little speck in the picture. Now it almost takes up the full size of the screen. It actually looks like a little baby. If you look closely you can see the little legs, ears and nose. April said she was actually able to see the heart beating since apparently the skin is still clear -- yeah, I didn't know that. I am amazed and so excited. I thank God for this precious little baby. I can't wait to hold it and love it and meet it. Our next appointment is April 5th which I think is just a routine check up. But the big ultrasound appointment is April 19th and that is when we should find out the gender.
Ok...so the bad news...
Today my Popie died (my Mom's Dad). He had hodgkin's lymphoma and his health had been deteriorating since last fall. He was an awesome grandfather. The best anyone could ever ask for. I don't know how to put my feelings into words. I really just can't right now. It's too hard. I know he is in heaven right now and is probably celebrating with all his friends and family who were waiting for him. We will miss him but are comforted by the fact that one day we will be reunited in Heaven through the grace of Jesus. We love you Popie!
1 comment:
ok, now I am watching you! :) Its so nice to stay connected! :) We are praying for you and baby every step of the way... tell April to email or give me a call if she wants!
keri
Post a Comment